SVGcuts

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A New Treat for My Creative Outlet!

A New Treat for My Creative Outlet!

Well with 2013 almost over, I found a new fun scrapbooking focus. I have decided to work on tag journals. I have never been interested but working with these great Theresa Collins collections have changed my mind. I am having a blast and loving all of the great embellishments and papers that the Happy set includes. It is a new day, a new year is on its way!

jor1

I found these great kraft paper covered booklets at the flea market for 25 cents each. I love them. They even included a kraft paper covered black ink pen . I felt that it was time to dress it up and Theresa Collins inspired me with her wonderful line called “You are My Happy”! I love all of the great embellishments that she has created in this wonderful series!

jor2

This Journal has a medallion with a pocket filled with tags for adding all of my inspirations, and secret smiles! I used a paper towel roll to create a pocket inside of this medallion.

Here are my supplies:

Kraft Paper Journal

Fabric and batting to be placed on the front of the journal

Glue

Sizzix Tag die

Craftwell eBosser ( my favorite)

Tim Holtz Distress inks for edge applicatons.

here we go!

 

jor3jor4

I stretched the fabric with batting under it on the surface of the front cover. Next I cut and covered the inside of the front cover. I love this book..

jor7

I used the distress inks to add richness to the edges of my wonderful center embellishment. I love the blush color.

jor5

I love my sizzix tag die and can make up to eight layers of pearl paper in it. I love these tags. Theresa Collins had the most wonderful brads to complete my tag labels!

jor6

I was able to cover my pen too! I am loving this!

jor8

Inside front cover and first page with another tag booklet and also a floral pocket. I can’t wait to do more work and fill my book as I go along. I hope that this coming year brings all of us great opportunities and always the richness of great friends!

Happy New Year!

Debi

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment