SVGcuts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trains, Trains, Trains!

Hobbies, Hobbies, Hobbies!

I am so very lucky to be married to a man who can design and build almost anything. I can’t begin to tell you about all of the neat thread holders, knitting machine stands and even sewing machine tables with multiple inserts  for all of my machines that he as built for me. He also built my custom bathroom with a tiled shower stall next to my whirlpool tub. So when he asked me for a favor could I turn him down…NO!!!!
My husband has a love for trains. All trains but mostly his HO-Scale ones. He has a room devoted to them and he actually builds beautiful little buildings and functioning turntables and such.  He had bought some blank freight cars (box cars) and wanted to get decals for the sides. He asked if I could create decals for the sides of his cars. Well talk about worried as I didn’t want to let him down. But these things  are so very tiny but my Purple eCraft was a champ in cutting out a “decal” for them!
072520123425
At first glance you probably are wonder what I am talking about so here it is.  This is a boxcar kit. It is a blank car and using decals you make the line that you want. So I got to work on making my design.
072520123420
I first found the logo’s on the web and brought them into MTC software and did a pixel trace on them to make my cutting file. It was the first time for me to attempt something this tiny. I am very pleased with my outcome. My eCraft really met the task with flying colors!
072520123415
This is a very tiny vinyl cut out of my “Shock Control” lettering. I was so nervous about weeding it. I used my Craftwell Vinyl for the job as well! Love that vinyl.
072520123416
To give you an idea  of how tiny we are talking about. I still can’t believe that I cut something that tiny. I am awed by my eCraft .
072520123414
This is another tiny logo I am working on. See how tiny it is see how clean the lettering is…WOW. I used a brand new blade and also the lightest pressure setting on my machine. I did not use a stabilizer just the vinyl with its backing paper.

072520123419
See how little the letters are. It was so much fun but had to wear magnifiers to see it.
072520123422
Here I used a Studio G sepia inker to antique my “decal”. I bought it from Michael’s. I am so happy that I could do this for my husband. He always does so much for me!

072520123424
See how nice it “fits” in. He built all of the builds in the background with popsicle sticks. Wild huh?
I am so thankful that I have such a fun family! Remember sometimes we can take the step to use our “crafty stuff” to help out and make someone else’s ideas come to life.
I hope that your Summer is a blast. Don’t forget to leave me a note about your “odd” projects.
See you next week!
Chant for the week…”eBosser, eBosser…”

1 comment: