SVGcuts

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Little Quiet Time to Light the Way

Quiet Time Lantern

I just have to share how wonderful and how much I enjoy my weekly crafting class. I love the participants and they seem to enjoy our time and projects together. Most of them didn’t even know that you could make dimensional items with paper. It was really a thrill for them the first time we made even a simple box. So this time we made lanterns. I was so glad that my eCraft allows me to load a stack of cardstock in the back and cuts a bulk batch for me. I am able to cut my twenty-five pieces without having to reload my Craftwell’s eCraft!
081020123576
Well to make a long story short we made our beautiful lanterns which were scooped up and taken to a health fair to promote our class. Low and behold someone (a teacher) saw them and called and begged me to make her one. She wanted one for her class room. She said that so often she would have to remind her students that she needed them to have some quiet time. If I could make her a “lamp” that she could place on her desk she would not have to keep reminding them.
Our supply list is very simple for this project. I used a lantern svg from SVGcuts . I also used eCraft Diecutable Mulit-Colored Card Stock from the Paper Mill Store. I also used some dies for the flowers and some vellum from Sam’s Club. I used Elmer’s quick drying glue too. I also used some colorblox inks and some great pearl paint too!
cover
I did edit the lantern file by removing the flower swash and inserting the “Quiet Time” lettering. She loved it. I also put plain vellum squares on the side so that I could add embellishments she enjoys like the dragon fly and the apple.
emb
My favorite addition was the posy. I can’t wait to get the eBosser so that I can churn out large quantities of this die in fabric as well as cardstock and chipboard!
next
Thank you eCraft for making my craft time fun and also for helping me share my love of crafting with others!
class
These beautiful lanterns were made with love by the Hardin County Senior’s Group! They love cutting with my eCraft!
Just remember there are many people out there that might be inspired by your crafting skills. Sharing means so much and the feeling you get is so wonderful!
See you at the “Back to School” Hop! Come on Craftwell’s eBosser!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment