SVGcuts

Thursday, May 3, 2012

More Fun Recycling with the Ecraft

Recycling plastic bags with my eCraft!


Again with the Summer rushing in. I decided to make another recycled project to make with my grand-daughter. This one project could be used in so many other ways as well.
I was so excited to try this with my eCraft. I made plastic shopping bags into ecraft cut able fabric. It is so easy and there are so many applications you could use it for. I also used my Xryon Meg Runner to decorate my doll handbag creation.
dollpurse
Supplies
  • Plastic grocery bags
  • an Iron
  • Cardstock to press the bags with
  • small hard plastic box
  • colored twine
  • Baker’s twine
  • painter’s tape
  • Xyron’s Mega Runner
  • Xyron’s 1.5 Create-a-Sticker
  • CraftwellUSA’s eCraft Die cutting machine
  • Veggie cutting mat
The first thing that I did was cut my shopping bags apart. I made five layers of rectangles with the bags. I made 12 inches wide and 10 inches deep to fit my veggie cutting mat. I then smoothed the plastic and placed it between two sheets of cardstock and used my iron to heat it and make it stick together first.
042620123031
Next I taped the plastic to my mat and placed in my eCraft. I used a petal design that come on the Fundamental's one card to cut out my blossoms. I was really surprised that the cutting was so easy. I also cut the base flower out of cereal box.
042720123036
I layered the flowers together and used a small brad to stack them together. Next for embellishment I used my Xyron’s 1.5 Create-a-Sticker to create a twine boder for my dolly bag. It was also very easy. I took painter’s tape and placed it on a small plastic box. I was able to wrap baker’s twine (solid) color very tightly around it. The painter’s tape held it together. I cut the twine right above the tape and then ran it thru my Xyron’s 1.5 Create-a-Sticker to make a continuous ribbon of twine to run around the top and bottom of my little “purse” I also used some multicolored cord to make a handle.
042720123040042720123041042720123042
I also place the handle cording under this adhesive border. I then used my Xyron’s mega Runner to place the Flower focal point on the front. I love it and hope Reilee’s dolly will too!
This has been so much fun finding items to recycle and yet share with someone that means the world to me. I love sharing my love of crafting with her!
Have a great week more to come next week!
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment