SVGcuts

Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day to Me

Happy Mother’s Day to me!

Well this is certainly a change for me. I have always wanted a personal little book to carry around to record my thoughts. I know it sounds different but I love those little composition books. You know the ones..
051120123103
But I want pizazz and color and a neck ribbon with a pen attached. To much to ask for you might ask…NO! Not with my
CraftwellUSA eCraft we can make my dream come true..
Supplies:
  • CraftwellUSA’s  eCraft die cutting machine
  • cereal box chipboard
  • Fabric
  • Heat N Bond
  • Artificial Flower
  • Xyron Mega Runner
  • Extra Large RikRac from Plum Deals
  • Ribbon
  • Fimo Clay from JoAnn’s Fabrics
  • Fun Fun Fun
Here we go. I first cut my bookend shape from both the cereal box chipboard and my main fabric with the same shape. I used Heat N Bond on the fabric so I could attach it to the chipboard.
051120123101
051120123104
My eCraft cuts chipboard like a champ. I did use a pressure setting of 8 and multicut of 2 for the chipboard. I did not use a mat at all. The fabric cut with a pressure of 4 and again I did not use a mat.
I then cut a piece of fabric long enough to cover my little notebook.. I used enough to cover it from the inside seam to the other seam. I will carry this all the time. I have always wanted a little journal for quick thoughts.
051120123105
I used my iron to bond the fabric to the chipboard. It quickly bonded and I was ready to attach it to the exterior of my booklet, but first to make a pencil holder and closure to keep my booklet closed when not in use.
051120123107
I used extra large Rik Rac that I had gotten from “Pick Your Plum” a daily deal site. I love Rik Rac.
I cut three pieces large enough to hold a pencil and then placed two on one side the of holder, and one in the middle on the other side. When your pencil slides into the ric rac it locks the booklet closed. Xyron’s Mega Runner did a wonderful job of attaching my outside cover.
051120123112
I also cut a little “me” out of Fimo clay. You can cut this with the eCraft . The trick is to make a thin sheet and then bake it till it is almost done. I did use a die cutting machine for this project however.

051120123111 
Here she is ….Happy Mother’s Day to Me! and Belated to you too! I love making items with my CraftwellUSA’s eCraft Die Cutting Machine.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment