SVGcuts

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ecrafting "Auto Fun" with Square 1 Repositional Fabric!

I love "Square 1 Fabric" I knew there was something in a name! Fabric is one of my favorite things and Square 1 is in my heart! It allows me to do things with fabric I never dreamed possible. This week I challenged myself to leave my safe sewing room and go out to my vehicle. I tried the flap method that Denise (fellow Design Team member) uses. It works!!! I can't wait to drive around and let my friends see my exclamation!!!
On The Back of My SUV!



This was so much fun. I went outdoors and found some leaves, we don't have many fall colored ones yet but I found a few. A quick scan into my photo editing program.



Once brought in to my photo program I traced the image to make a SVG file.It was so easy to import into my SCAL software. I was able to cut a flap very quickly! The flap is used to locate the cutting area for your graphics.
If you are looking for an image editor there is always The Gimp. It is a free open source photo editing type program .





I also cut out my leaves from my photo program. I used the generic photo paper matte setting. I love the way the Square 1 material takes to printing! I tested its fastness and seems not to run color!




I was able then to mark where my photos were to be placed to be cut out. I taped them into place. I recommend that you make your template based on a shadow of the image to give you more edge.




I can't wait to practice this method more. I have many mirrors, and windows that would love to be decorated! It didn't take long to make my leaf cuts!




Next came my lettering, I used Inkscape (Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.) and made a "Bumpy Textured" orange rectangle and proceeded to cut out my lettering. I used TTF named JanieHMKBold. It is such a fun looking font! Remember too the nice thing is I can move this around and add or subtract to it! I love Square 1 Masterpiece Fabric!, I also love my CraftwellUSA eCraft. It is one of my best friends!




Wait till you see what is in-store for you next week!! I have this Friday's video spot, too! I can't wait to meet you here again next week! See you then..

No comments:

Post a Comment