SVGcuts

Friday, May 24, 2013

Recycled Challenge!

Recycled Challenge!

I am so excited to share this with you. I received a large bag of Cigarello boxes. These boxes are unlike cigar boxes of my past which were wooden. These were paper but a very stiff paper.  So as I held out my hand to get them I heard a voice say “now what you going to make out of that…a box..”

Well that is true I did not repurpose as far as a totally different use because I wanted a box.

So out came the Liqutex Gesso and the Mulberry paper and I was on my way.

I decided to use my Crafter’s Companion USA

Party Paws EZMount Stamp Set - Flowers From Bamboo

collection  as a embellishment to the box. I used half of my stamp to make the flowers which I used a pearl past to produce a mock cloisonne out of the inked blossoms. I used Stazon Black ink pad to make a lasting image. I also used Tim Holtz Crackle paint ot go over the work for the look I wanted to acheive . I am very happy with my outcome.

2013-05-24 01.25.28

I really love this box and hope that I can make a matching one as now my friend wants one too!

Have a great week

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment