SVGcuts

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School with Style!

A Gift for Teacher!

It is so wonderful that school is back in and so many great learning experiences are right on the horizon. I have many friends who are teachers. Several of them enjoy reading books as their form of escape, from everyday life. I know two of them in particular  that read like crazy and always have their books with them. They are old school and actually carry their books everywhere. No electronic books for them. So  I decided to try my hand at making a bookmark with a twist for each.

Bookmark

I love Teresa Collins beautiful folders they just sing out to be used. I love  her Cabbage Rose Folder it  is one of my favorites.For this project I used foil tape and a cereal box for this one. I so love the embossed foil. My ebosser rules the roost here. 

2013-08-23 00.30.00

After embossing the foil and placing on the cut out cereal box, I applied a series of permanent  inks to the foil. I love the blues and purples. I also cut a hole for my shaggy yarn bookmark fringe. I then sprayed it with an acrylic clear coat. I know that it will be a hit with my friends! Happy 2014 School Year to all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment