SVGcuts

Friday, April 5, 2013

A Just for Fun Project

A Just for Fun Project

I wanted to try something different and fun. I love flowers and wanted to try a little something different. I took a double switch plate and made it into a switch plate with a bouquet of flowers on it.

I used my eCraft and some great 3d flower files from Svgcuts.com. After cutting out my flower shapes I formed the gentle curves to form the blooms shape. Now for the totally strange thing I dipped the flowers and used my heat gun to coat each petal with UTEE. I love how they  became like gems. The dogwood looks like a beautiful frosted crystal bloom.

2013-03-17 22.44.10

I used E-6000 glue to adhere to the light switch. I have this in my dining room and it really looks cute. I also have had guest comment on it as well and they really like it. I love crafting and creating with my eCraft!

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Love these flowers. Clever use for them, too.

    ReplyDelete